HANDCRAFTED WOODEN GADGETS
Inspired by the iconic form of portable old radios: round knobs, speaker grill, handle, telescopic antenna, battery case and the basic ‘box’ shape, this small and minimalistic wooden radio will bring back memories of past technologies.
Ethically made with sustainably sourced wood, each radio is made by hand in the designer’s workshop in Indonesia, and takes up to 16 hours to craft.
The sound is very pure and resonant due to the radio receiver employed and the carefully selected woods. East Indian rosewood is the same wood used for many musical instruments like flutes and guitars.
This personal wooden radio is equipped with a line-in jack and corresponding cable for connecting to an external audio source such as your i-Pod® or MP3 player. It can be powered by 2-AA batteries or a simple DC adapter (not included). For maintenance, clean the radio with a soft brush and wipe it down using a cloth and a drop of teak or pine oil.
- Receiver:2 bands: FM/AM
- Power:2 x 1.5V AA batteries, DC-in (adapter not included)
- Dimensions:7.1 x 4.5 x 4.7 in (18.1 x 11.5 x 12 cm)
- Weight:3.3 lbs (1500 grams)
- Materials:pine (light), east Indian rosewood (dark)
- Finish:wood oil / wax
- Accessories:cable for I-Pod ® or MP3 player
- Images:Magno + James Cridland