Inspired by the iconic form of a portable radio: round knobs, speaker grill, handle, telescopic antenna, battery case and the basic ‘box’ shape, this small and minimalistic wooden vintage radio will bring back memories of past technologies. Ethically made with sustainably sourced wood, each radio is made by hand in the designer’s workshop in Indonesia, and takes up to 16 hours to craft.
The sound is very pure and resonant due to the radio receiver employed and the carefully selected woods. East Indian rosewood is the same wood used for many musical instruments like flutes and guitars.
This personal wooden radio is equipped with a line-out jack and corresponding cable for connecting to an external audio source such as your i-Pod® or MP3 player. For maintenance, clean the radio with a soft brush and wipe it down using a cloth and a drop of teak or pine oil.
- Receiver:1 band: FM
- Power:2 x 1.5V AA batteries
- Dimensions:5.2 x 3.5 x 3.9 in (13.3 x 8.8 x 9.8 cm)
- Weight:1.4 lbs (650 grams)
- Materials:pine and East Indian rosewood
- Finish:wood oil / wax
- Accessories:cable for MP3 player or iPod®
- Image Credits:Magno + Patrick Schumacker